Our 45 to 60 minute storytime programs include: stories, flannelboards, hand-puppets, finger-plays, songs, poems, crafts and toys designed to jumpstart your child's love for books and grow literacy skills. The Children's Room has thousands of books available for children of all agaes - from infancy through young adulthood. We also have audio books, magazines, DVDs, music and storytelling media. Our staff is ready to help you find the perfect book to read aloud to your child, the right book for your beginning reader, material to answer your child's questions about the world, and help you get the most out of the library.
Storytime is an opportunity to:
- Become comfortable with the library and all it has to offer.
- Make friends with the Children's specialists.
- Discover the best of children's books.
- Enjoy the beauty of our language as it is read aloud.
- Build a solid foundation for learning to read.
- Increase attention span and listening skills.
- Develop imagination and self-confidence.
- Experience the world through books.
- Build social skills.
** Days and times change seasonally. Please see the calendar of events for current schedule and how to register. **
For ages 4-18 months. Enjoy rhymes, fingerplays, music, bubbles and age appropriate toys with your child.
For 2 year olds. Join us for stories, flannelboards, fingerplays, songs, and an age appropriate craft. Early learning toys are available for parent/child use after storytime.
For ages 3 through 5 years old. Children enjoy stories, songs, fingerplays, and a craft. Literacy toys are available for parent/child use after storytime.