Kids Summer Reading
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
- WHO? Rising Kindergarten through 5th grade
- WHEN? Begins May 27th
- WHERE? Chapin Memorial Library
- Sign up at Chapin Memorial Library on or after May 27th.
- Receive a reading log and event schedule.
- Read and log your minutes.
- Turn in your reading log at the library and receive prizes!
- Prorkchop Productions
- South Carolina Aquarium Rovers
- Rockstar Magic of Chris and Neal
- Roper Mountain Science Center ... and much more!
* - Check our online calendar for complete program offerings and details.
- Every 5 HOURS put your slip in the box in the children’s room to win prizes from wonderful sponsors at weekly drawings during Tuesday programs.
- 5 HOURS: Receive a Reading Certificate and vouchers for a Waffle House waffle and a Hanburger Joe's Kid's Meal.
- 10 HOURS: Receive a BOGO ticket to Rockin' Jump and a Summer Reading T-Shirt.
- 15 HOURS: Receive a discounted BOGO Ticket to either Myrtle Waves, Broadway Grand Prix, or Wild Water and Wheels, a SC Reading Medal, and an entry into our grand prize drawing!
Prize Requirements and Details:
- Hours must be turned in by July 23 to receive a BOGO park pass to Myrtle Waves, Broadway Grand Prix, or Wild Water and Wheels.
- Prizes and park passes will be distributed at the Celebration of Readers party on July 30.
- After July 23, keep reading until school starts. Hours read between May 27 and August 30 will count towards collective hours read. Prizes will be distributed as available.
- Please pick up all prizes before August 30.
CELEBRATIONS OF READERS
Party to be held at the General Robert H. Reed Recreation Center (the old Base Rec), 800 Gabreski Lane, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, on Tuesday, July 30 at 5:00pm-7:00pm. You’ve done the reading, and now it’s time to party! Bring the whole family and enjoy some snacks, cake, and fun as we award the S.C. Summer Reading Medals to those who have read 15 hours or more.
Special thanks to these community partners for providing generous awards and prizes for the Summer Reading Program!