State and Federal Tax Information

          South Carolina Tax Commission - Forms and Instructions                Internal Revenue Department - Forms and Instructions

                                                                      Other states tax forms and instructions

VITA (Volunteers In Tax Assistance) - Free Tax Preparation Assistance

Chapin Memorial Library      Wednesdays 4:00PM - 6:00PM until April 10th

                                             ATTENTION: No Tax Returns can be started within 30 minutes of closing                                              

Local Contact (843) 347-5195 Ext. 5

WHAT TO BRING: For married filing joint, both spouses must be present, current year's tax package and or label. All forms W-2 and 1099s. Information for other income. Information for all deductions/credits. A copy of last year's return. Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (e.g. voided check). Social Security or Individual taxpayer Identification cards for you, your spouse and/or dependents. Proof of identification for yourself and/or your spouse. Total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number. birth dates for you, spouse and or dependents on the return. Proof of foreign status if applying for ITIN.

                                                             VITA Will Prepare:                                              VITA Will Not Prepare:

                                                             *    Form 1040 EZ                                                        *       Schedule C with Losses

                                                             *    Forms 1040 A                                                         *      Complicated & Advanced Schedule D (Capital Gains and Losses)

                                                                        With Schedule 1,2,3, & EIC                               *     Form 8615 (Minor's Investment Income)

                                                              *   Form 1040                                                              *     Form 8606 (Non-deductible IRA)

                                                                         With Schedule A,B, EIC & R                            *     Form 8615 (Minor's Investment Income)

                                                              *      Schedule E (limited)                                              *    Form SS-8 (determination of worker status for purposes of

                                                              *      Schedule C (limited)                                                      federal employment taxes and income tax withholding)

                                                              *       Form 1040-V                                                           

                                                              *       Form 1040 - ES                                                 

                                                              *       Form 2441 (Child and Dependent Care Credit)